CLIENT’S PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION POLICY
At AWC Solutions, we are committed to providing our customers, with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information about our customers, protecting their personal information is one of our highest priorities.
While we have always respected our customers privacy and safeguarded their personal information, we have strengthened our commitment to protecting personal information as a result of British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
We will inform our customers of why and how we collect, use and disclose their personal information, obtain their consent where required, and only handle their personal information in a manner that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
This Personal Information Protection Policy, in compliance with PIPA, outlines the principles and practices we will follow in protecting personal information and continuing our commitment to exceptional service while doing so.
Personal Information –is information about an identifiable individual.
Example: First and Last Name
Personal information does not include contact information (described below).
Contact information – is information that would enable an individual to be contacted at a place of business and includes name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business email or business fax number. Contact information is not covered by this policy or PIPA.
3.0 Collecting Personal Information
Unless the purposes for collecting personal information are obvious and the customer voluntarily provides his or her personal information for those purposes, we will communicate the purposes for which personal information is being collected, either orally or in writing, before or at the time of collection.
We will only collect customer information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- To verify identity;
- To ensure a high standard of service to our customers;
- To provide customer support
Consent can be provided verbally, in writing, electronically, through an authorized representative or it can be implied where the purpose for collecting using or disclosing the personal information would be considered obvious and the personal information is voluntarily provided for that purpose.
We may collect, use or disclose personal information without knowledge or consent in the following limited circumstances:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of AWC
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with AWC
- To protect against legal liability
5.0 Using and Disclosing Personal Information
We will not use or disclose personal information for any additional purpose unless we obtain consent to do so.
We will not sell lists of personal information to other parties.
6.0 Retaining Personal Information
We will retain personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or a legal or business purpose.
7.0 Securing Personal Information
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The following security measures will be followed to ensure that customer personal information is appropriately protected:
- Limit the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information to the extent reasonably required to conduct our business and provide ongoing service.
- Restricting employee access to personal information as appropriate (i.e., only those that need to know will have access;
- Requiring any service providers to provide comparable security measures.
- Using appropriate security measures when destroying customer’s, personal information
- Continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
8.0 Links to Other Sites
Phone: 604 936 4217